Day 6: Best Animated Films & Family Films of the 2000's
Best Animated Films
20. Up (2009)
19. Flushed Away (2006)
18. Treasure Planet (2002)
17. Sinbad: The Legend of the Seven Seas (2003)
16. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
15. Spirited Away (2002)
14. Shrek the Third (2007)
13. The Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
12. Corpse Bride (2005)
11. Bolt (2008)
10. Monsters Inc. (2001)
9. Chicken Run (2000)
8. The Incredibles (2004)
7. Coraline (2009)
6. Shrek (2001)
5. Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
It's like a laid back family version of Airplane!, and I mean that as a compliment. For those who have seen the movie, my favorite joke is 'pansy' spray.
4. Kung Fu Panda (2008)
Soft spoken and unassuming, this was the surprise animated film of 2008. Jack Black was made to play this Panda.
3. The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Different than your typical Disney film, it's also (outside of Pixar) Disney's best effort of the 2000s.
2. Shrek 2 (2004)
One of the best theater experiences I've ever had, this film just plain entertains me. Packed with great comedic bits, action sequences, and memorable characters, this is a sit down and watch anytime film for me.
1. Finding Nemo (2003)
My favorite animated film of all-time contains everything you would look for and a few surprises as well. Funny and entertaining, gorgeous to look at, and emotionally resonant, it's a classic.
Top Ten Family Films
10. Holes (2003)
9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
8. Freaky Friday (2003)
7. A Night at the Museum (2006)
6. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)
5. Peter Pan (2003)
Filled with great themes and subtext, this is an adventure filled adaptation that has become my favorite version.
4. The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008)
Well directed by Mark Waters and featuring some surprisingly adept action sequences.
3. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
Overlooked on its release, this film contains a surprisingly strong message for families that applies even more so for broken ones.
2. Speed Racer (2008)
Underneath the special effects and visuals is a heart warming tale of family strength.
1. Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
The best family film of the decade. Strongly performed and with an inspiring story, this is a family film that will move mom and dad as well. One of 2006's best films.