Tuesday, May 26, 2009

67. Office Space



Office Space (1999)
Directed by Mike Judge


Has there ever been a film that so effectively lampoons the modern office job experience? Office Space is one of those films that would never even make a blip on the screen of any Oscar chart, but is a completely indispensable part of my movie collection.

The situations and the characters are beyond funny, they are iconic to me. Bill Lumberg (played absolutely brilliantly by the always underrated Gary Cole) is one of the best antagonists of all-time. The two Bill's are not very far behind him either. This film simply makes me laugh...and cringe because some of its moments are truly relatable (I don't know how often the birthday cake singing sequence has happened to me). Perhaps this film might not appeal to someone who has never worked a day in their life, but for the rest of us, this is essential viewing.


0 comments: