Thursday, May 28, 2009

63. Meet the Parents



Meet the Parents (2000)
Directed by Jay Roach


A film that seems mighty odd to come right after such a dramatic heavyweight like Road to Perdition, but Meet the Parents is one of my absolute favorite comedies. I tuly loathe the sequel, Meet the Fockers, but this original comedy finds exactly the right tone to really tickle my funnybone. Stiller gives his typical nice guy in bad situation shtick here, but Robert DeNiro gives the standout performance here. His comedic tough guy performance might seem cliché by now, but it was at its peak during this film. It's a crowd pleasing film and it always finds a way to make me laugh. Give me 63 films and there is no doubt that I wouldn't want to do without it.
P.S. My favorite sequence is the pool party over Owen Wilson's pad



0 comments: