Tuesday, May 12, 2009

70. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind




Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Directed by Michel Gondry

In somewhat of a defeat I am going to try and speed this whole list up by keeping all of my comments on the films to a minimum. There is no way I can keep up with writing these and make them the length I was originally shooting for. So if the commentary is only a paragraph long or even a couple of sentences, don't think it represents the film, just that I am trying to get this list finished. It may seem a little scattershot, but at least it will get finished!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great adult dramedy that contains some great insight into relationships and love. That insight is wrapped up into an unconventional narrative that is filled with fun surprises and performances. It's my second favorite Charlie Kaufman film and I think it's Jim Carey's best dramatic/comedic role. With the exception of a few faults, this is one heck of a film, and also one romantic comedy that would appeal to all people.



0 comments: